[Aroid-l] Upcoming Aroid Show/ Sale

Just a reminder to say the 30th annual IAS Show & Plant sale is quickly
appearing on the horizon!  For those of us not local to South Florida
now is the time to be making necessary travel & lodging arrangements
while the fares and rates are a bit lower/ still available.  Folks,
if you've
never before walked into a room housing a couple thousand square feet
of aroids- many for display but most for sale- then you owe it to
to make the effort and sojourn down to Miami.  It's the closest thing to
nirvana an aroider can legally obtain!  Later, after you've finally
out all of the plants, you'll realize that amongst the spaces between
all are fellow aroiders and IAS members... the very people whose names
you see on this list-serve.  Making contacts, discussing plants, asking
questions and chatting with friends & experts alike... it really
doesn't get
much better than this.

All the information you need may now be found on the IAS web site
at the following location (also linked from the Home Page):

= special thanks to Albert Huntington for compiling this page for us! =

Admission to the Show/ Sale is free once you're in the garden (also
free to
IAS Members IF you contact Tricia Frank in advance; see the website for
details) however the IAS Banquet on Saturday evening requires an RSVP
and $20 cover charge.  This year's guest speaker will be Leland Miyano
from Hawai'i.  Considering Leland's extensive breadth of knowledge and
experiences, not to mention the fact he's one heck of a nice guy,
this is an
event NOT to be missed.  Please get your Banquet Reservation Form and
payment in soon to reserve a seat, since space is unfortunately limited
(have I said "see the website for details" yet?).

I should note that as of last Friday 10 August, Tricia Frank reported
the Kampong dormitory was already booked-out on the women's side
and was quickly filling up on the men's side too; so if you wish to
get in or get on the waiting list I'd suggest you contact her
Details can be seen....

Also worth noting: the Ramada Inn's discounted internet rate is
to the group rate they were extending IAS, so we decided to not bother.
That said, if you even -think- you're going to attend the show this
year (and
you absolutely should be thinking this!) book your room ASAP/ do not
as those discounted rates always vanish the closer we get to show time.

Dan Levin
President/ IAS
Aroid-L mailing list