[Aroid-l] IAS Auction (Online & Live) for the Sept. Show

Good people: Along with Albert Huntington's kind help I am putting
together this years Auction, which historically takes place directly
after
the IAS Banquet (to be held this year on Sat. night Sept. 15th, 2007).

The way this typically works is this: Once we have enough donated
and documented aroid plant material lined up, Albert lights up an online
auction page.  There will be a deadline for submitted bids prior to the
actual auction.  The night of Sept. 15th, the highest online bidder
for each
plant/ item will be represented live by proxy and will end up going
"head
to head" with those attending the Banquet.  As an aside, the live
auction
always contains last-minute additional plants which will not be able to
be made available to the online community.  Yet another reason to attend
the Show and Banquet folks!

All online winners will be promptly notified and once payment is
received,
their winning(s) will be shipped directly.  It is with MUCH regret
that due to
postal/ agricultural regulations and restrictions we will not be able
to ship
anything internationally, outside the USA.  All details and specifics
will be
able to be found on the (you guessed it) coming web page.

Now, the flip side of our having an IAS Auction is quite frankly
this: we auction
off DONATED plants and aroid-related items in order to raise much needed
funds on behalf of the Society.  If no one donates things, well, we
have very
little to auction then, don't we?  IF you have any clean/ healthy/
special aroids
which you'd be willing to either bring or ship as a donation to the
IAS, won't you
please contact me privately (do not reply to this email in other words)?

Your support and generosity are very much appreciated!

   -Dan

Dan Levin
President/ IAS
www.aroid.org