[Aroid-l] White Fly on Pycnospatha and others

I have just noticed today for the first time that I have White Fly on
my Pycnospatha. I have checked all other plants and also found them on
a few Amorph's.

I have just placed a new Amorph to my collection in the same area and
suspect that it had the White Fly infestation. It was obviously a very
recently potted, not well established plant. I check my plants every
day and yesterday when I added this new arrival to my collection there
was no infestation.

I have since sprayed the underside of the leaves of the affected
plants with "Safer Insecticidal soap." Does anybody have a different
method of dealing with this problem.

My plants are growing outside and I would rather use a homemade
solution to these kinds of problems if I can, as I will be moving
these plants indoors in about 7 to 9 weeks.

Thank you for your help,

John Ludwig
Aroid-L mailing list