Re: [Aroid-l] White Fly on Pycnospatha and others

Hello John!

I had white flies in my typhoniums and tomatoes in my greenhouse about three
years ago. I used tangle traps and they were very effective. A tangle trap
is a bright yellow piece of card stock covered with an adhesive. The white
flies were quite happy to land on the traps and become instant permanent
fixtures. There are no pesticides, chemicals, or residues. I would just
punch a hole in one end of the card stock and suspend it above the infected
plants.  When I had finished placing the first trap, I had already captured
three or four.

Now the traps must be left up for several weeks after the white flies
disappear. This is because the larvae left on your plants may not have
matured yet. When they do, they also will fly to the traps.

Happy days,

D. Christopher Rogers
Invertebrate Ecologist/Taxonomist

EcoAnalysts, Inc.
(530) 406-1178
707 Dead Cat Alley
Suite 201
Woodland, CA 95695 USA

? Invertebrate Taxonomy
? Invertebrate Ecological Studies
? Bioassessment and Study Design
? Endangered Invertebrate Species
? Periphyton/ Phytoplankton
? Zooplankton

Moscow, ID ? Bozeman, MT ? Woodland, CA ? Joplin, MO ? Selinsgrove, PA