Re: [Aroid-l] Syngonium

I believe it sets fruit in South Florida as well.  Speaking of Syngonium podophyllum,  Id have to say it is probably one of the cold-hardiest climbing Aroids out there...at least that I know of.  Ive seen pictures of large plants along with Epipremnum aurea growing up Live Oaks as far north as Brunswick Georgia.  Probably getting cut back a little with the occasional hard freeze but still retaining enough of the stem for regrowth.  I also recently saw an image of a Monstera obliqua growing up a tree in South Georgia,  close to the vicinity of Brunswick.  The owner said it does lose leaves with temps into the upper 20's but the plant was nearly 20 ft. up the tree.  I sent him a few other climbers including some odd Syngoniums to try for cold hardiness including S. chiapense and S. macrophyllum,  as well as a couple of Philodendrons.
Sorry for going off topic Jason but thought that was interesting.
Aroid-L mailing list