[Aroid-l] Philodendron spathe

Russ Hammer received this request from David Janas at the New York Botanical Garden.  He sent it to me and I contacted David.  David is trying to help a garden visitor but so far, we're stumped!  Here's the message and the photo.  Do any of you recognize this beautiful spathe?
" A visitor to the NYBG conservatory showed me a photo of a flower they saw in Hawaii - it was clearly a Philodendron of some kind but P. insigne was all I could think of to say, but it had a bright red spathe inside and out, with a pure white spadix that was well enclosed except for the very upper portion.  The whole infloresence had a very narrow appearance.  The leaves are not very clear in the photo but appear to be in a fairly dense rosette and have rather ruffled and wavy edges.  The visitor was satisfied with Philodendron, but now I am curious and I can't seem to find a good source to help me identify it."
If anyone knows this beautiful plant please let us all know and I'll send Dave the link.
Steve Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list