Re: [Aroid-l] Epiphytic philodendron culture

Hi Calvin,

When I worked for Bob Wilson at Fantastic Gardens in Miami (about fifty years ago I realise with a shock), he had perfected that technique, and we would laboriously produce gorgeous totems of various aroids by making two or three passes through the growth cycle. So, yes, it should work for you, and I think that strong light will also help the process along, simulating the growth up through the forest canopy.

-----Original Message-----
From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Isla Verde
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 11:41 PM
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject: [Aroid-l] Epiphytic philodendron culture

Hello all:

I know that some philodendrons need to climb higher in order to get bigger leaves. The problem is, I don't have all the vertical space for them. So could I just top off the plant and stick the cutting back onto ground level and expect the leaves to maintain/increase their sizes from there?

Thank you

Aroid-L mailing list