Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron spathe

Thanks Ron.  I'll forward your information to David.

Steve Lucas

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Weeks
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron spathe

Steve,
It looks like a photo of a painting not a live plant. Attached are photos
of two large meconostigmas. Philodendron eichleri is said to be a hybrid.
The inflorescence is not quite as red as your photo. The unidentified
philodendron from Brazil would be my first pick. It has the darkest red
inflorescence of any meconostigmas I have seen and blooms form in recently
emerged leaves. The spathe opening and curve to the spadix will vary
throughout the two days they are open.

...Ron Weeks