Re: How old are the aroids?

  • Subject: Re: How old are the aroids?
  • From: "Christopher Rogers" <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:03:19 -0700

Aloha, Leland!

I will send you that, the biogeographical papers and some of my other papers off line. You are welcome to any of my publications, of course!

Yes, they are my beloved anostracans, notostracans and clam shrimps as well. I also have the book you mentioned with the chapters by Paul Tasch. So far most of the anostracan fossils have turned out to be other things like mayfly nymphs with all their abdominal gills. Some Russians have published a few papers claiming that they have anostracan fossils back to the cretaceous, however, my understanding is that the papers have not been peer reviewed, were published in less than 50 copies, and are not available outside their institutes. I have been trying for many years to acquire the texts, with no success. The only reliable fossil anostracan I am aware of is from the Miocene.

The animals that I mentioned in my last missive are the genus Phallocryptus, which are found in salars. The south American beast is in the salars near Buenos Aires.

I know this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off Aroids. So if anyone else is interested in my crustaceans, we can continue this topic off line.

Grins,

Christopher

D. Christopher Rogers

((,///////////=======<

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

1.530.756.4481

1.530. 383.4798 (cell)

1307 "L" Street

Davis, CA 95616

USA

ŸInvertebrate Taxonomy

ŸEndangered Species

ŸEcological Studies

ŸBioassessment

ŸInvasive Species

ŸPlankton

ŸPhycology

Moscow, Idaho Ÿ Bozeman, Montana Ÿ Davis, California Ÿ Joplin, Missouri

Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania

ecoanalysts.com