Re: Repotting Amorph. titanum

  • Subject: Re: Repotting Amorph. titanum
  • From: Cyndikrall@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:21:26 EDT

What about putting them into a larger pot? Can I do that while they are actively growing?

Thanks again,
Cyndi

In a message dated 8/8/2008 9:18:38 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bill.weaver@hp.com writes:
Personally I avoid disturbing the corm until it starts to show growth for the same
reason. I'm afraid of damaging the 'skin' and letting pathogens get in. However,
I do vacuum the soil off the top of the corm so it won't have a overly wet well
in the soil where the leaf used to be. Plus, I can observe when new growth starts
and as soon as roots start to sprout, I cover it up again.

Bill