Re: Odd behavior on Colocasia.

  • Subject: Re: Odd behavior on Colocasia.
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:17:26 -0400

 I have what I believe is a hybrid Colocasia used as a food crop growing
in my display. I got the plant several years ago and it has just
recently started behaving oddly by  putting out new leaves and as the
old leaves grow a knot forms at the upper portion of the petiole and a
new leaf emerges out. I am guessing that this leaf and petiole is acting
similar to a runner. So far it has not formed new plants from these
growths but it is untelling as some are fairly new. Has anyone seen this
before? I have been growing a lot of these and this is a first. At the
moment the plant has 3 of these forming.

Here are the photos of the plant in question.

Aroid-L mailing list