Re: Philodendron Angra dos Reis, correctly Philodendron cordatum

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron Angra dos Reis, correctly Philodendron cordatum
  • From: "Harry Luther" <hluther@selby.org>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:27:09 -0400

FYI. The name Philodendron Angra dos Reis seems to have been used by Leopoldo Seidel, brother? of Alvim Seidel,  in seed lists friom the late 60s early 70s. It probably documents the locality seed source of this material. I saw these plants in this vicinity in 1996. The material at the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is from this Seidel seed source that I purchased several years earlier. I believe I brought it to the Gardens in 1975 or 76. It has survived 24*F and the death of the host live oak.    HEL