Re: Monstera fruits - when ripe?

  • Subject: Re: Monstera fruits - when ripe?
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 01:58:22 -0500 (CDT)

I have no idea what the pollinator might have been. We didn't notice any
insects on them during flowering, but an amazing variety of insects
- and sometimes other wildlife - passes through the greenhouse in the

It's flowering again now - I'll try to keep an eye open for potential

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009, Tom Croat wrote:

> Steve:
> I am kind of amazed that you have fruited a Monstera.  What pollinated
> it?  The fruits usually take nearly a year to develop on the big one but
> I think that on M. oblique the development time can be only a month or
> so.
> Tom

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com