Re: Alocaisa gageana

Alocasia gageana Engler is a valid speces in that it is a validly
published name but because the type is missing (presumed destroyed in
Berlin during WWII, we're simply not sure WHAT it is except that
anything in cultivation with this name attached is 99.9% certain NOT
to be A. gagenana sensu Engler.