Philodendron crassinervium inflorescence

  • Subject: Philodendron crassinervium inflorescence
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 07:56:50 -0500

Thanks a bunch Tom.  I received the scan last night and will add it to the page.

The thing I find very interesting is Schott's illustration doesn't appear to match some of your field notes on TROPICOS.  Mauro Piexoto of Brazil Plants allowed me to use one of his photos of two inflorescences of  P. crassinervium which are "boat shaped" as your notes state they should be.   Could this indicate that Schott actually described something that no longer exists or possibly either of the plants we know as Philodendron lanceolatum or Philodendron alternans?  As I told you privately neither Marcus Nadruz nor Eduardo Gonçalves appear to believe P. alternans should be considered a synonym.

There seems to always be more to learn.

Steve

Tom Croat wrote:

Dear Steve:  We could scan Schott’s painting of the inflorescences if you would like it.

Tom

nfo/aroid-l

begin:vcard
fn:Steve  Lucas