Re: Advise in planting Arum seeds

  • Subject: Re: Advise in planting Arum seeds
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:15:03 +0200

Hi Tom,

My Arum cylindraceum produces viable seeds every year, I sow them directly into the ground (sometimes in pots).
They germinate next spring after spending one winter in the garden. I live between zones 6/7.

I think the seeds should be sown as quickly as possible. Once I got seeds of various Arum species. They were dry and none of them germinated though I kept them for 2 days in water and all the winter they spent in pots a fridge.

Marek