Re: Philodendron crassinervium inflorescence

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron crassinervium inflorescence
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 08:56:31 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Steve,

Aloha.

I took a quick look at Mauro Peixoto's photos and the scan of Schott's plate from Tom.  They look very different.  Ask Mauro exactly where he took those photos and request vegetative details as well.  Notice how short the peduncles in Mauro's photos are. Also the shape of the spathe differs from Schott's plate.

Please send me the original descriptions of Philodendron crassinervium, Philodendron alternans, and Philodendron lanceolatum, if you can...illustrations as well.  Unfortunately, I cannot examine the type specimens to understand these taxa as described unless someone scans them for us or if they are in a virtual herbarium.  I can comment in a better fashion if you can forward me any original descriptions and illustrations.

Aloha,

Leland