Re: Aroid-L XANADU

Only one comment Marek, and I really wish Julius would respond because he could add so much more.  The fully adult form is quite a bit different than the plant in your photo.  Your plant appears to be a mid-adult.  The photo I'm posting was just taken of the specimen Julius gave me.  This is one of the plants he used while writing the description that was published as Philodendron xanadu Croat, Mayo and Boos.  If you want to add it to the site feel free.  I have a friend in Mexico that has a near 20 year old plant grown from seed brought from Brazil and his looks both like your plant and the one in this photo depending on the age of the blade.

I'm sorry the colors are so dull but we are having a thunderstorm right now!

Steve Lucas

Marek Argent wrote:
There is only one Philodendron xanadu, and it is a botanic species. Of course there may exist variegated or coloured cultivars, then their names should be Philodendron xanadu 'Cultivar Name'. Also there may exist hybrids (Ph. xanadu  crossed with another Philodendron species or cultivars).
The pure species always looks like this:
Many people still use the name Philodendron 'Xanadu', because it was described as a species a few years ago,
although it has been in cultivation for many more years.

GIF image

fn:Steve  Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list