Every post from 1996 to today on Aroid l

  • Subject: Every post from 1996 to today on Aroid l
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 21:09:00 -0500

I received a great note from Albert today letting me know all the posts made to Aroid l including photos since 1996 are on the IAS website:  http://www.aroid.org/

All you need do is go down to the left side of the homepage and type in your search term which is much faster than using the archive I mentioned earlier.  I'm sure many of you already knew this but I thought only the last year or so had been posted.  Albert has them ALL including the photographs.  Some of the names you'll find in this archive are legendary to serious aroiders and this is a fabulous resource if you have a question and need a quick answer.

For those "nuts" like me, I have converted all of these to a searchable PDF format in 14 volumes.   I use many scientific texts and articles in my own research and finding info on your own computer is far easier than searching through thousands of pages in printed texts.  My guess is there are close to 5,000 pages of posts in the PDF files!  If anyone would like a copy just drop me an email and I'll forward them to you:

I often read questions here that have detailed answers on the IAS site so for your immediate searches be sure and use IAS!  There are full copies of aroid papers on the site including Dr. Croat's papers on Philodendron and Anthurium plus a great deal of info on Amorphophallus and other genera.

Use it!

I hope I'll see all of you in Miami in one month!

Steve Lucas
fn:Steve  Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list