Re: Every post from 1996 to today on Aroid l

  • Subject: Re: Every post from 1996 to today on Aroid l
  • From: Albert M Huntington <amh@ieee.org>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:07:19 -0700 (PDT)

  Thanks for publicizing this - it's been on the web for a year now, but I don't think it's got much use.  The direct url is http://www.aroid.org/aroidl-archive/

  There are a few advantages over the hort.net archive:
- It's thread oriented rather than message oriented.
- Most attached pictures are available as thumbnails in the threads
- It's under the control of the IAS - which means it's integrated with the rest of the IAS website, and hopefully if Steve Marak ( or anybody else ) archived any posts before 1996, you can send them to me and I'll add them to our archive.
- The search facility is simple but will return threads on whatever topic you put in.
- It's indexable ( and somewhat indexed ) by google search.

  The interface itself is a work in progress - I made some more updates today.  There may still be some bugs in the rendering of the messages.  In particular, the thing tries to match mail subjects in order to generate the threads and makes some guesses about how much of previous e-mails need to be quoted.  Also, the interface for archiving attachments is a little rough.

  Any comments or suggestions are welcome.