Re: Enjoy Aroid l? Please tell us where you are!

  • Subject: Re: Enjoy Aroid l? Please tell us where you are!
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 17:27:22 -0500

Sherry, there are lots of photos on the IAS site but to find a few you need to know a trick I learned from Albert.

Look up A REVISION OF PHILODENDRON SUBGENUS PHILODENDRON (ARACEAE) OF CENTRAL AMERICA

on any search engine.  You'll be led directly to the IAS site.  Go through it page by page (you might learn something new along the way) but you'll often find highlighted links to plant treatments by Dr. Croat.  Click on the link and frequently you'll find photos.  They are of adult plants but you might find a clue to some of what you are seeking.  There is another page link for Anthurium and I'll look that one up as well.

I use this link almost every single day and have downloaded the entire 141 pages to a PDF file so I can search it as needed.

Steve

Sherry Gates wrote:
Sherry Gates        Woodville, Texas  (Big Thicket/Piney Woods in East Texas)  TheTropix@msn.com

Philodendron, Anthurium, Colocasia & Alocasia, Monstera, Rhaphidophora, (a couple of) Syngonium, Epipremnum, Diffenbachia, Xanthosoma (just a couple), Aglaonema

I know I'd find it very helpful if the IAS could post a larger variety of pictures of the different aroid types, I do have a couple that I'm not sure of the names.
                                                Very cool idea, Steve!!!!  Thanks!
                                                            Sherry