Re: dermestid beetles and pollination

  • Subject: Re: dermestid beetles and pollination
  • From: Don Martinson <LLmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:23:53 -0500

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] dermestid beetles and pollination
It should not be surprising that dermestid beetles are attracted to something having the smell of rotten flesh.  They are often used by taxidermists to clean the flesh from bones before mounting.  Note correct spelling of “dermestid” and “Dermestes marmoratus”.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mailto:llmen@wi.rr.com