FW: anthurium crassinnervium variegatum

  • Subject: FW: anthurium crassinnervium variegatum
  • From: robert chumley <chumleyrobert@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 03:24:18 +0000

From: chumleyrobert@hotmail.com
To: aroid-l@www.gizmoworks
Subject: Re: anthurium crassinnervium variegatum
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 06:30:37 +0000

The discussion has been about philodendron crassinervium, but does anyone really know
much about anthurium crassinervium. I've been growing anthurium crassinervium for many
years. After selecting some nicely variegated seedlings, I decided to do an experiment with
them. After growing them to maturity, I pollinated each so the parent plants would both be variegated. Much to my delight about 85% were germinated variegated, and the remaining 15% that had been green, reverted to variegation when they got older and planted in 3 gallon pots. Of course a few were totally white and subsequentely died as to be expected.
After offering flats of seedlings to Oglesby and other large growers, I had to turn them down, as we could not reach an agreement. It was a white variegation with a striped stem..........with a beautiful solid burgundy spadix......... a rainbow colored spath showing green/yellow/white/and burgundy.....with a striped stem also.

Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook. Find out more.
Aroid-L mailing list