Re: FW: anthurium crassinnervium variegatum
- Subject: Re: FW: anthurium crassinnervium variegatum
- From: Don Martinson <LLmen@wi.rr.com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:01:51 -0500
Title: Re: [Aroid-l] FW: anthurium crassinnervium variegatum
Any chance of us seeing some photos of this interesting plant?
On 8/25/09 10:24 PM, "robert chumley" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
The discussion has been about philodendron crassinervium, but does anyone really know
much about anthurium crassinervium. I've been growing anthurium crassinervium for many
years. After selecting some nicely variegated seedlings, I decided to do an experiment with
them. After growing them to maturity, I pollinated each so the parent plants would both be variegated. Much to my delight about 85% were germinated variegated, and the remaining 15% that had been green, reverted to variegation when they got older and planted in 3 gallon pots. Of course a few were totally white and subsequentely died as to be expected.
After offering flats of seedlings to Oglesby and other large growers, I had to turn them down, as we could not reach an agreement. It was a white variegation with a striped stem..........with a beautiful solid burgundy spadix......... a rainbow colored spath showing green/yellow/white/and burgundy.....with a striped stem also.
Aroid-L mailing list
Other Mailing lists |
Author Index |
Date Index |
Subject Index |