Colocasia identification

  • Subject: Colocasia identification
  • From: "::: www.StefanoBarone.net :::" <mail@stefanobarone.net>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 18:27:21 +0200

Dear Sirs,

I am an Italian naturalistic writer and photographer and
I've bought a rhizome on E-Bay one month a go from a man who
said it belongs to a Colocasia gigantea he personally
collected in Asia.
Now I have a very small plant, but can you identify it?
Here are the pictures:
http://www.bananas.org/gallery/uploads/5325/DSC_3514.JPG
http://www.bananas.org/gallery/uploads/5325/DSC_3520.JPG
http://www.bananas.org/gallery/uploads/5325/DSC_3519.JPG
Is it really a Colocasia gigantea or it could be a more
common
Colocasia esculenta? What are the scientific characteristic
of a Colocaosia gigantea? Can you help me please?

Best regards
Stefano Barone
www.stefanobarone.net

[Allegato : DSC_3514.JPG]