Re: Amorphophallus bangkokensis

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus bangkokensis
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:25:39 +0200

Hi Greg,
Long time, no hear...(?).
The decision to keep Am. bangkokensis separate from paeoniifolius was taken after my original idea that they were synonymous. This last opinion is in the Kew checklist but now outdated. I separated thw two again, when I got living material from Thailand of what I interpreted is bangkokensis. It is distinct from paeoniifolius mainly in vegetative characters. The inflorescence could well be a miniature paeoniifolius and is in all respects 100% identical but for the size.