Re: Fw: unknown colocasia esculenta variety

  • Subject: Re: Fw: unknown colocasia esculenta variety
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@windstream.net>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 08:40:11 -0400

This looks to be one of the Hawaiian varieties which are old hybrids developed for eating. I have one similar and it is usually identified by the dark spot in the center of each leaf. Other species have this but it seems to be seen a lot in the Hawaiian hybrids. I will try to find a name for it but their are a few and it can be very hard to tell them apart. The color of the tuber and the inside of the tuber could help put the Hawaiian name to it. Thanks.

Marek Argent wrote:
Dear Friends,

Do you know the name of this cultivar (this is not my plant) - the original message is below.

Best,
Marek