IAS show & sale, September 18-19, 2010

  • Subject: IAS show & sale, September 18-19, 2010
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:49:32 -0500 (CDT)

Aroiders, some information on the IAS show, which is now just a few weeks
away. More will follow, stay tuned!

Certainly one of the highlights of our annual show is the Saturday night
banquet. For those of you who have never attended, we encourage you to
take the plunge. One thing about Fairchild is that it caters a delicious
dinner. Every year there are tantalizing foods as well as more familiar
fare, and always more than enough to fill the hungriest stomach. The other
fun aspect of the food is that IAS luminaries frequently dish it out to
you. It's nice to see them taking their proper place in the organization.

Following the banquet is another show highlight, the keynote address by
our featured speaker. This year Scott Mori of the New York Botanical
Garden will present an AV presentation and speak on "Aroids and
Neotropical Forests: Is There Hope for Their Future?" Given his experience
and the institutional depth of the NYBG, it's sure to be a fact-filled and
interesting presentation, and our lively and curious group will ensure
plenty of questions and comments from the audience.

If you are coming in from afar for the show, or happen to live near
Fairchild, plan on being at the banquet. We ask that attendees pay in
advance at the IAS website (it helps with the cash flow, you understand),
although registration and payment at the show is also acceptable. Be sure
to be there and sit by some of our fascinating members during the dinner.
We are a friendly, sociable group.

Make your reservations at www.Aroid.org

 -- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com