Re: Aroid Plantmen

That would make good articles for the newsletter or Aroideana too.

From: DAVID LEEDY <djleedy@sbcglobal.net>
To: Aroid-L List <aroid-l@www.gizmoworks.com>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2014 7:33 PM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Aroid Plantmen

I appreciated the information given to us on this list by A. Sunjian with respect to Philodendron  âxEvansiiâ and Philodendron âSoledadâ.  However,  I want to know more about the âPlantsmenâ in the Aroid Plant Family.  We can read about the old timey Botanist (e.g. Schott and Engler & Kraus), the Botanists of our life time (e.g. Cecil Prime and Monroe Birdsey), and the current Botanists.  But how about the Plansmen?

What is the story of Andersonâs Red (Philodendron) and of particular interest would be Bob McCauley of Fantastic Gardens fame in Miami?  What other Plantsmen should we know about?  How about famous Plantsmen in Australia, the UK, Germany, etc.?  What cultivars or hybrids are they responsible for?

I, for one, would really appreciate anyone taking the time to either write this down or tell me where I might otherwise find it.

Thank you.
David Leedy

Aroid-L mailing list

Aroid-L mailing list