Re: Aroid Plantmen

  • Subject: Re: Aroid Plantmen
  • From: "derek burch" <dburch23@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 06:28:01 -0400

The articles that Enid and I did for the June Newsletter were attempts to stimulate more on this type reminiscence (perhaps of  a more serious nature than mine) –but, rather as expected, there has been no follow up. The medium for publishing in an archived form Newsletter and Aroideana) does exist. Now we need more people to join in with submissions.

Best, Derek

p.s. Fantastic Gardens was Bob Wilson, not Bob McColley, who was active in the Apopka area at Bamboo Nursery, and introduced a number of philodendrons, including such gems as Prince of Orange’. After his death, his wife Cora continued his work if my memory is correct. Glasshouse Works attributes Anderson’s Red to Ed Hummel.