Re: Aroid Plantmen (Susan B)

  • Subject: Re: Aroid Plantmen (Susan B)
  • From: Deni Bown <denibown@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 17:43:08 +0100

And may I endorse Tom Croat, Josef Bogner and Peter Boyce. Tom is synonymous with Anthurium and Philodendron, and is the most intrepid aroid hunter.ÂJosef expanded and maintained the most wonderful collection of aroids at Munich B. G. and tracked down species new and old with indefatigable energy. HisÂattention to detail is legendary and his written contributions are exceptional; he richly deserved his hon. degree. Peter's work on Mediterranean aroids was exceptional, and he is now surpassing that with phenomenal discoveries in Borneo. He has anÂencyclopedic knowledge of the family and is surely one of the finest field botanists of his generation.

Deni Bown

On 26 August 2014 21:12, Walter Greenwood <waltergreenwood@gmail.com> wrote:
Sue Thompson...

ÂSusan B <honeybunny442@yahoo.com> Wrote:

> Plantwomen, too.? And all the folks that got the IAS off the ground.? Tricia Frank.? Genevieve Ferry, Lariann Garner, Mary Sizemore, Betsy in Memphis (I am blanking on her last name).? The list goes on and on.
Aroid-L mailing list

Aroid-L mailing list