RE: Spectacular Aroids #3

From: on behalf of Dewey Fisk
Sent: 	Monday, August 25, 1997 2:41 PM
Subject: 	Re: Spectacular Aroids #3

Is there a black caladium, a
>black Xanthosoma, and a black colocasia (black magic), or are people
>debating the correct name?

>>Black Caladium...  not that I know of...  If I saw it...  I'd buy!  And, as
far as Colocasia or Xanthosoma....  Damn, you have me thinking...  I'll
really have to check and will get back to you....  Frankly, there is not a
hell of a lot of difference....

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut

There IS a black Xanthosoma, I got a few which went to the "Amazonia" exibit
at the National Zoo a couple of years ago. There is also a black Colocasia, as
we have discussed ; I`ve not seen a black Caladium, BUT the smaller "Black"
taro (Colocasia), which has a dark, patterned leaf, I`ve seen refered to as a
"black" Caladium.  This MAY explain the mix-up.