Re: Re: Potting Mix for Anthuriums?

Sue,
 Here in South Florida we grow out in the wide open spaces. We can have many
days of1" rains and have high humidity most days. So our growing media must
survive this. We would have trouble with your bark/peat mix because the
decomposition would be rapid and start blocking air movement in 3 to 4
months. If we grow under cover and hand water( too much work) the mix can
last much longer. So we aiways are looking for material that will last longer
but still keep ouir babies happy.
Tim Anderson
Palm Hammock Orchid Estate
Miami Fl.