Colocasia care

In the spring I bought a colocasia esculenta "Fontanesii", my first ever
aroid.  The plant seems rather uncommon in the UK, but with the hot summer
up till August, it's grown very well in a pot outside and has put out many
'runners'.  These are shoots coming from the base, and radiating out just
above surface level.  What should I do with these runners?  They don't seem
particularly keen to bury themselves - should I cover them up?  I'm assuming
that they're linked to vegetative reproduction, and I'd certainly like to
have a few more plants.

Any advice gratefully received, thankyou.

Iain Fyfe
mailto:iainf@counterpoint.co.uk