VIII International Aroid Conference

Dear Aroiders:

	I want to thank all of you who attended the VIII International Aroid
Conference recently in St. Louis both for your willingness to come from
such long distances but also for your excellent participation in the
discussions, poster viewings, etc.   This was clearly the most successful
Aroid Conference ever held with the vast majority of the world's Aroiders
in attendance.  I was very pleased with the large attendance and I hope
that all of you found it a profitable experience.  I only regret that I
was not able to spend more time with each of you.  It was a profound
experience for me with barely a 30 second interval free to think.  I found
myself getting up in the middle of the night to work on my presentations
because I also had a house full of guests which took up most of my normal
waking hours.  I know that many of you took pictures during the conference
and I am hopeful that you might be willing share your pictures with me.  I
normally take a lot of slides to document these conferences and have
simply because of my longevity and because I like to take picures
become an unofficial arquivist for the IAS and for the conferences.  So it
was especially painful for me to be unable to spend more time taking
pictures during my own conference.  I will gladly pay for copying and
mailing of any pictures that you would be willing to forward to me and I
thank you very kindly for any halp that you can lend.