Date:          Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:35:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:          MJ Hatfield <oneota@ames.net>
To:            bcosgriff@lehmann.mobot.org
Subject:       IAC plants

Would it be possible to get more information about the plants that were
offered for sale at the IAC in St. Louis, like the original country of
collection and perhaps horticultural information? I'm interested in the
MOBOT plants that have accompanying numbers and John Banta's plants,
Pycnospatha and Typhonium.

Also, in repotting these plants I found that Amorphophallus kuisanua
(#81374) was growing in long fibered sphagnum. What would be the reason
for this and should it be potted up in the same or in the soil/peat mix
I use for the other Amorphophalluses?

One last question; will there be an issue of Aroideana discussing
Dracontium, similar to volume 19 on Amorphophallus?

Thanks.

MJ Hatfield

Kind regards,

Beth Cosgriff