Re: Amorphophallus 2nd flowering

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus 2nd flowering
  • From: "van den Bergh" <bergh@tpg.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 18:42:48 -0600 (CST)

Dear Wilbert,
I think your 'subdominant apical' theory must be the answer as the flower is
about 4cm distant from the leaf stem and to me it looked a pretty big tuber
as I dug it up and checked it out a month or two before it flowered it was
about 40cm across and heavy to lift, I didn't want to risk my kitchen
scales. Is that big?
Thanks for the explanation.
Marilyn van den Bergh.