Re: Amorphophallus 2nd flowering

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus 2nd flowering
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 10:26:20 -0600 (CST)

Dear Marilyn,

Yep, that is BIG!! And it does support my theory. Usually when Amorphs
become oversized, the tubers start to split by activating subdominant
shoots. Sounds you have done a great job with that plant!! That means that
probably, after flowering, that second shoot will also produce a leaf and in
the end you'll have two independent tubers.

Cheers,
Wilbert