Re: Alocasia Black Velvet

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Alocasia Black Velvet
  • From: Krzysztof Kozminski <kk@kozminski.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:53:59 -0600 (CST)

A repeat of my post from the past:

Alocasia Black Velvet likes low light and high humidity (considering
Wilbert's posting about thriving in dry conditions: you were lucky it did
not get spider mites). Mine languished in my San Jose, California
greenhouse (50% shade cloth on walls, 70% on ceiling) until I put it into
the dead/disappointing plant recycling area (under the table).  It
resprouted multiple levaes (after having flowered).  I got it back on the
table, and it went back into stupor.

KK

"Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"

Krzysztof Kozminski
kk@kozminski.com
http://www.kozminski.com/