Re: Fragrant Anthuriums...Is Anybody doing any Breeding work?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Fragrant Anthuriums...Is Anybody doing any Breeding work?
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:02:00 -0600 (CST)

-----Original Message-----
From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Monday, December 11, 2000 4:37 PM

Dear Denis,

I do not have much to offer on this subject, but do remember that at MOBOT
there were at least two parties that may have been interested in the
fragrance in Anthuriums, one I believe was from The Netherlands, the other
from Hawaii.   Tom may be better able to clarify this subject.   And was
there not an article in one of the recent Aroideanas about the odors in
various species of Anthurium??

Good luck!

Julius

>I got a call at home last night from Hiroshi Tagami in Hawaii. He
assumed since I was President of the Aroid society I would know what's
going on...wrong! Anyway, his question of me was "who is doing breeding
with Fragrant Anthuriums?" He is not on-line so I took it upon myself to
throw his question out there to Aroid L and see if anyone knows the
answer to his question. Response can be directed to me online or by US
Mail to Hiroshi Tagami, PO Box 818, Kamuela, HI 96743.

Denis
Silver Krome Gardens Inc.
Homestead, Florida