Hello all,
I am new to the list (and to Aroids), and I am interested in genera
characterized by succulence and tubers.
I am just back from a trip to Yemen where I found an Arisaema that I wasn't
able to classify, on the top of Jebel Sumarah, but had already shed its
leaves (no rests). The inflorescence stalk was about 30 cm or a little more,
bearing some 100 orange-red fruits. In the literature I found that species
growing in Yemen are A. flavum, A. bottae, A. enneaphyllum and A.
pentaphyllum (maybe some are synonyms.. I am new to this genus). Can anybody
give me some hints for the identification and tell me if seeds need any
special treatment for germination (I read that Arisaemas need some
refrigeration, but don't know if all the species need this).
I have some surplus seeds for exchange, if anybody is interested can e-mail
me privately.

Thanks, and happy holidays

Giuseppe Orlando
Santa Cruz de Tenerife