Distribution of Amorphophallus, Anchomanes, Arisaema & Arum

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Distribution of Amorphophallus, Anchomanes, Arisaema & Arum
  • From: Bjørn Malkmus <rareplants@gmx.net>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 10:04:28 -0600 (CST)

Dear Aroiders,

from my last excursion to Asia and from my own cultivation some seeds are
left which I would like to offer for free distribution:

1.) Amorphophallus sp. 004 - Bang Boe River, Phuket, Thailand
2.) Anchomanes giganteus - own cultivation
3.) Arisaema sp. 001 - Bang Boe River, Phuket, Thailand
4.) Arum italicum ssp. italicum - own cultivation
5.) Arum maculatum - Frankfurt-Nied, Germany, ex. own cultivation

If you are interested in certain or all species please drop me a short
message with ==>Your Postal Address<== and species desired to my private e-mail
address only (do not hit the reply button to this e-mail !):

malkmus@rareplants.de

Packages contain between 3 to 30 seeds, depending on species and requests.

Please note, that 1.) , 2.) and 3.) are pure (sub)tropical species and not
winter hardy. Sow them on receipt flat in any well drained, rather
unorganic substrate and keep pots only slightly moist at a minimum of 22 degrees C /
70 degrees F. These require plenty of light and warmth in winter and a
half-shaded to shaded warm place in summer.

Sow 4.) and 5.) on receipt in any well drained soil in pots outside in
your garden in a sheltered place. Germination will appear in mid spring with
rising temperatures. Transplant young corms to the open garden after leaves
have withered in summer. These are suitable for any half-shaded, sheltered
spot in the open garden in any rich, slightly moist soil. Especially 5.) might
be invasive under favorable conditions, so an easily controlable spot is
recommended.

For more information on offered species please refer to my aroid pages at
(English):
http://www.rareplants.de/plants/seeds/araceae.htm
or in German language at:
http://www.rareplants.de/plants/seeds/d_araceae.htm

Seeds will be shipped mid to end of January 2001 depending on wheather
conditions. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you prior to dispatch.

If you have anything to trade in return (Amorphophallus, Arisaema, Arum,
Dracontium, Pseudodracontium - Seeds or corms) this would be nice, but is not
necessary.

Have some enjoyable, peaceful Holidays and a very good start into the
(real)New Milennium !

Best wishes,

Bjørn Malkmus
Dipl.rer.oec.