Re: Arisaema

Giuseppe,
You may de-pulp the seeds in a bowl of water WHILE WEARING RUBBER GLOVES.
(The juice can be very irritating). After a few rinses over a day or so the
bare seeds can be rolled up in a moist paper towel or placed directly on
top (do not bury) of some moist, sterilized, soil mix in a cool shady
place. The paper towel seeds can be checked every few days. This works best
for me and within a week or two a root can be seen coming out of several
seeds. At this point I place them on top of soil mix, and when a leaf pops
out, under flourescent lights for 2-3 months. Then they are dried out and
get their first 3 month chilling. No rest is needed from the seed stage.
This is basically a proceedure I have gotten from literature available to
all AEGers (Arisaema Enthusiasts Group) and by communication with others.
Bonaventure W. Magrys 130 Hilltop Blvd.
Cliffwood Beach, NJ 07735-6001
USA

"Giuseppe Orlando" <gius_orlando@terra.es>@mobot.org on 12/25/2000 02:19:51