Re: Philodendron selloum

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron selloum
  • From: Neil Carroll <zzamia@hargray.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:04:17 -0600 (CST)

Russ, Petra's pretty knowledgable on this stuff. The following is
paraphrased from Aroids by Deni Bown:

some confusion has existed in the past over P. selloum and P.
bipinnatifidum....Engler considered them seperate species. the two names
have in the past been used to differentiate two different populations
(Gottsberger and Amaral 1984) and In 1991 Mayo joined the two into one
single species ....P. bippinatifidum is the true name....P. selloum has been
reduced into synonomy.

Neil