Re: Joke plant site

  • Subject: Re: Joke plant site
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:31:38 -0600 (CST)

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony Avent <tony@plantdel.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 4:22 PM

Dear Tony,

Thanks for this information, I too THINK that I 'see' the 'others' that made
contributions to this MOST amusing (seemingly to most of us)  site!
Please pass on my congrats. to the 'main author', and thanks to him/them for
a much-needed laugh at this season!
The best to you and all your staff for the Holidays!

 >>Susan, John, et al:

The Shady Deals website was written primarily by one of my college
classmates Larry Hatch, who now operates the New Ornamentals Online
Database from his office in Raleigh.

There are a few other with warped minds that offered input.

At 09:14 AM 12/20/01 -0600, you wrote:
>I LOVED this site! Thank  you so much for posting it. For those who know
>who wrote it, if it's not a secret, I'd love to congratulate the authors.
>My only problem with the site is that I want to tell everyone about it,
>but nobody but a plant catalog obsessive like me can appreciate the jokes.
>Even a simple one like "Acer grisham, the paperback maple" requires that
>you know the latin AND common names of plants AND recognize the catalog
>format of Glasshouse Works; ie the aroid listers will understand it , but
>my friends and family just go, "So?"
>Oh, wait, I do know a couple of landscape architects I can tell about
>John Smolowe
>Menlo Park, CA
>"Cooper, Susan L." wrote:
>> Check out this plant site.  It's only for laughs, but does have aroids!
>> http://members.tripod.com/~Hatch_L/shady.html
>> Susan
Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @