Re: Philodendron burle-marxii and williamsonii

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron burle-marxii and williamsonii
  • From: Jill Bell <jbell_buxton@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:05:50 -0600 (CST)

Hi Tsuh Yang,
I have two forms of P. williamsii, is there also a
williamsonii?  If williamsii is what you are
interested in, I would be happy to photograph both of
my williamsii which are still young.  The largest of
the two has leaves  about nine inches long.  (I used
to have one that was older, that I had for years and
somehow I killed it - it had leaves that were fifteen
or sixteen inches long).
Many years ago I had a P. burle-marx fantasy.  Or,
that was what it was called in the seventies.  It was
beautiful but VERY hard to grow.  It was a vining, icy
blue-green leaf with a myriad of dark veins.  I got it
from Alberts and Merkel company which is in Boynton
Beach Florida and is still in existance.  I hope this
helped, and let me know about the photos.
Jill