[aroid-l] Some philo questions

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Some philo questions
  • From: Roz rozgold@pacbell.net
  • Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:50:30 -0800

Hi folks!

I'm brand new to this list, so I thought I'd start by introducing
myself.  I'm Roz, I live in Culver City in Southern California, and I'm
a totally novice aroid grower.  I live in an apartment and do a lot of
indoor growing, but most of my experience is with gesneriads.  I've
started to get interested in aroids because every time I go to botanical
gardens or greenhouses lately, it seems that most of the plants that
fascinate me are aroids.

I hadn't realized that there were some philodendron varieties with
variegated foilage in colors other than shades of green and white.  In
particular I've noticed a variety called 'Pink Princess' and I had a few
questions about it:

1) Is 'Pink Princess' considered rare or exotic by aroid growers?
2) I've noticed on the webpages of some nurseries or aroid growers, two
other varieties: "Pink Prince' and 'Pink Lady' - are these varieties
distinct from 'Pink Princess' or are they all essentially the same name
for the same plant?
3)  In my web searches, I've also seen references to a place called
"Bamboo Nurseries" - where is it located, and does it have a website?

My apologies is these questions are too basic or have been covered a lot
in past posts.  As I said, I'm very much a novice with aroids.

Finally, I'm having problems subscribing to this list - the list serve
engine keeps telling me I'm subscribed, but I don't seem to be getting
any messages.  So until I figure this out, I'd very much appreciate it
if you could cc my personal e-mail with your response.

Thank you all so much.

Roz Gold
Culver City, California
Zone 10, Sunset Magazine Zone 23