  • Subject: [aroid-l]
  • From: ARNOULD fa378717@skynet.be
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:42:26 +0100

Hello,             Iam interested by identifying aroids,and I would like to have some informations about some of them... First,I'd like to know if Philodendron Andreanum and Philo Melanochrysum are two different species or not? Secondly,I often see Philo selloum and Philo bipinnatifidum used to designate the same plants,but in some books(Exotica,...) and on some internetsites with pictures, they are designated as two different species.(I know also there are many different varieties)   And what about Anthurium holtonianum,clavigerum and panduratum:1,2,or 3 species? I have also a lot of difficulties with a group of plants called philo laciniatum,florida,florida compacta,pedatum,radiatum,...:I own 4 different plants from this group and can't easily put a name on them(except pedatum)...and I've seen others in some european Botanical Gardens,where they really couldn't answer me enough to satisfy me(answers were sometimes contradictory). I understand some are perhaps hybrids with !
pedatum,squamiferum,...But nothing is very clear!  A last interrogation:I think Philo angustisectum and elegans are synonims(isn't it?),but what about Philo tortum,distantilobum and pinnatilobum?These 3 last names designate 3 different plants or not? ,and if well,how can you distinguish them (by another way than by flowers!)      Can someone answer some of my questions?     I would be very glad to receive some experienced informations...     And... sorry for my poor english!(My native tongue is french...)              A belgian aroider: Daniel Arnould,Rixensart,Belgium      nouldinio@skynet.be