Re: [aroid-l] nasty neighbor

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] nasty neighbor
  • From: Louise Parsons parsont@peak.org
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 07:54:47 -0800

We do need to fight this absurdity. Our typical neighborhood has many smells that varying folks dislike or find offensive: exhaust fumes, grossly smelly perfumes emitted from dryer vents --gagball!, cigarette smoke, lawn chemicals, burning flesh from the barbecues (as our vegetarian neighbor calls this), privet hedges, hawthorn trees that, when in bloom, ~strongly smell like burning rubber, etc.

Some people are extremely allergic to pollen from "notorious" flowers such as lilies and bearded iris. Others are allergic to (yes) lawn grasses.

You get my drift <silly pun>

Tell 'em, "Look, we can't pad the corners of the world"!

All the best for outrageous, AROIDACEOUS, HOLIDAYS, Louise

Corvallis, ORegon, Pacific Northwest US
Cool mediterranean marine, with three-zone span of microclimate

Rock and Woodland Garden pages
http://www.peak.org/~parsont/rockgard/
Emerald Chapter, North American Rock Garden Society:
http://www.peak.org/~parsont/emerald/
Flying Pages, with New Aircraft Icing Page:
http://www.peak.org/~parsont/rockgard/StudentPilot.htm
'net Admin "Geek Page" for Internet and e-mail help:
http://www.peak.org/~parsont/rockgard/MyToolbox.htm