Re: [aroid-l] wilbert...check this out+aroid content

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] wilbert...check this out+aroid content
  • From: Mattlagem@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:06:03 EST

I am keeping mine in the same mix as you, 1/2 peat, 1/2 sand with a little
added perlite.  The terrarium they are in is warm and moist,( I have aquarium
heaters plunged into jars of water).  My Anchomanes seeds came up within
about a month of recieving them.  If I can remember correctly, Wilbert said
to keep the soil moist but well drained so I would imagine your mist tables
are fine.  You may want to remove them from the mist tables for a little
while, let them dry up a bit, then put them back.  You could even try to put
the seeds in a plasic baggy or terrarium set-up in a warm area.  The humidity
in the bag/terrarium should be enough for the plants to sprout.